Jacob Lawrence, The Life of Toussaint L'Ouverture
No. 37. Toussaint is taken to Paris and imprisoned in the dungeon of the Castle Joux, August 17, 1802.
This was the worst punishment Napoleon could have given him. Toussaint brooded. (1938)
Workbook: August, 2002
- August 31, 2002: Found myself highly amused by my own shock.
- August 30, 2002: She was married eleven years to a man she now describes as passionless and incommunicative.
- August 29, 2002: The rhythm of her fights.
- August 28, 2002: Great Expectations.
- August 27, 2002: Old journals. 1989.
- August 26, 2002: Am I doing the same to her: trying to insist that she take on a role she doesn't want?
- August 25, 2002: The fascination for me is with the mythic resonance of the story.
- August 24, 2002: With the help of her ex-husband we moved her heavy bed into her own apartment.
- August 23, 2002: Her: "I'm debating whether to seduce you or not."
- August 22, 2002: She's grown up to be the worst manager in the world.
Go back to the main workbook page
© 2002-2013 Mark Phillips.
All rights reserved.
This writing is fiction. Please don't confuse it with reality.