Jacob Lawrence, The Struggle of the American People No 15.
We, the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union, establish justice,
insure domestic tranquility... -- 17 September, 1787 (1955)
Workbook: September, 2002
- September 30, 2002: At a concert one night she walked up to a girl I knew and said, "Hi, I'm ---."
- September 29, 2002: Young woman's voice, singing softly at the piano.
- September 28, 2002: Tall boy, sleepless, walks at dawn into a donut store on Haight Street.
- September 27, 2002: Why's she unable to say my name?
- September 26, 2002: I saw him on the bus one morning with a teenage girl in braces.
- September 25, 2002: I asked her friend once, "How can you watch her poison herself and not intervene?"
- September 24, 2002: I saw a crippled man struggle with his aluminum arm-crutches.
- September 23, 2002: Pretty girl in the farmers' market.
- September 22, 2002: Directed dream. Waco Street, San Diego.
- September 21, 2002: From the lagoon to the inland jungle to the deep volcanic caves, the entire island lay in silence.
- September 20, 2002: Isn't she a closet dom?
- September 19, 2002: I have no inner sense of the passage of time.
- September 18, 2002: I dreamt that Pippin came to me with an urgent mission.
- September 17, 2002: How do people heal?
- September 16, 2002: We made love once in the kitchen of her parents' house.
- September 15, 2002: I really do live next door to Frankenstein, LOL.
- September 14, 2002: Illuminations.
- September 13, 2002: What is intuition?
- September 12, 2002: Blogging is Internet folk art.
- September 11, 2002: "Things would be different if I were king..."
- September 10, 2002: I saw her, I think, inside a Mexican restaurant I knew she would love.
- September 9, 2002: Max Brod seems to have been a super nice guy, but you have the sense he wasn't the brightest bulb in Prague.
- September 8, 2002: So Life, my friend: is the irony really necessary under all circumstances?
- September 7, 2002: Why are Merry and Pippin there?
- September 6, 2002: There was a night when she glowed in the dark.
- September 5, 2002: "Why do they call it the 'Golden Gate Bridge' if it's painted orange?"
- September 4, 2002: Sketch: John.
- September 3, 2002: Parting gifts. We gave each other earrings...
- September 2, 2002: As a child her father would lock her in the closet, often for hours.
- September 1, 2002: She plans to move to Australia.
Go back to the main workbook page
© 2002-2013 Mark Phillips.
All rights reserved.
This writing is fiction. Please don't confuse it with reality.