June 3, 2015:
What the images fail to capture are the legions of middle-aged dads insisting venomously to their exhausted five-year-olds, "You're ruining it for everyone, not just yourself."
June 2, 2015:
I wonder who else you've brought to this place?
Mine originally. I brought you here, introduced it to you.
Ours together after that.
For a time, as I suppose is true of every other thing.
How many times have you been here since? On your own, or with your sister, or with lovers it was your turn to impress?
Did you think of me then? Is this always my place, for you?
Or do you own it now yourself, just as much as I ever did?
June 1, 2015:
Staff in carts: laundry, gardening tools, baggage. Zipping down the walkways, around the parking lots, silently and largely in the way.
Guests: mostly insular, seldom smiling, frequently frowning or looking away. Grumpy adults: the kids are taxing. Feral kids: running, ecstatic to be away from home, exploring, adventurers, scouts, exactly the role they're biologically adapted to after millennia of evolution.
Your author: somewhat aggrieved by the bother, thinking in hindsight a more isolated room would have been better. Thinking about home, this one and the real one. Thinking about true love, and loss and regret. Missing his baby girl more than words can say.
- May 31, 2015: Is it still home when everyone's dead?
- May 30, 2015: Little blonde girl leans far over the railing, waving to suffers.
- May 29, 2015: Sports cap.
- May 28, 2015: lord of Beasts, yogi of gazelles.
- May 27, 2015: Crimewatch on the braid.
- May 26, 2015: Should we rehearse?
- May 25, 2015: You're older and stiff now, but you think it's doable.
- May 24, 2015: Who will sail the wind when there is no more wind?
- May 23, 2015: sunday morning, why are you away?
- May 22, 2015: say goodbye to the day
- May 21, 2015: spin the fabric of the world
- May 20, 2015: lofty spangled towers
- May 19, 2015: Five million people.
- May 18, 2015: Sit with your back to the windshield...
- May 17, 2015: Is this a good idea?
- May 16, 2015: Dogs and cats together...
- May 15, 2015: Pleased at your misfortune.
- May 14, 2015: Accents of metallic green...
- May 13, 2015: Do they display their business names as signage?
- May 12, 2015: twelves and sevens are the order of the real.
- May 11, 2015: they say they saw you drown
- May 10, 2015: ice and dust
- May 9, 2015: ice cream lips
- May 8, 2015: so cold next to me
- May 7, 2015: a broken heart
- May 6, 2015: what kind of language is this?
- May 5, 2015: the day is full of birds
- May 4, 2015: without you
- May 3, 2015: could you climb
- May 2, 2015: could you climb
- May 1, 2015: setting fire to the cornfields
- April 30, 2015: it will be long
- April 29, 2015: could be honeycomb
- April 28, 2015: i'm sorry bunny i won't be soon
- April 27, 2015: oil and broth
- April 26, 2015: Confusion...
- April 25, 2015: Saints and pie!
- April 24, 2015: Bride on ice, standing for it.
- April 23, 2015: Carrion in gray dead fields...
- April 22, 2015: i won my credit in the straight world
- April 21, 2015: light and dark
- April 20, 2015: "Looks like you're out of people!"
- April 19, 2015: In sepia.
- April 18, 2015: Rain and sonograms.
- April 17, 2015: I went by myself.
- April 16, 2015: New context for old friends.
- April 15, 2015: Old friends.
- April 14, 2015: They're alive.
- April 13, 2015: My ex on Facebook:
- April 12, 2015: White hairs on black cloth.
- April 11, 2015: You are not reliable.
- April 10, 2015: Are you reliable?
- April 9, 2015: Heat from bodies...
- April 8, 2015: Hospital sheets.
- April 7, 2015: Light around lit fire.
- April 6, 2015: The one important thing...
- April 5, 2015: Let go of me.
- April 4, 2015: Don't cry.
- April 3, 2015: I see her.
- April 2, 2015: Dragged.
- April 1, 2015: Bloody bloody fingers.