Jacob Lawrence, Bus (1941)
"I think we're all bozos on this bus."
- 1967: Game: Race for the doors.
- 1976: The happy man.
- 1985: I worked as a dishwasher at a restaurant in a cellar on Hayes near Clayton.
- 1989: I saw him on the bus one morning with a teenage girl in braces.
- 1989: Her resentment at the way stupid Americans pronounce her name.
- 1989: Our morning physics lesson.
- 1990: Chicago, November 1990.
- 1991: Found Story.
- 1991: Young businessman, expensive suit, expensive gold watch.
- 1992: Bus stop, Larkin and Hayes.
- 1992: "This is a takeover!"
- 1993: Young gay men in partial drag, early 20s, very small, 5'.
- 1994: MUNI train, L Taraval line, morning commute inbound, somewhere beneath Twin Peaks.
- Joke: Sunday before the beginning of a new school year.
Back to the Fiction section main page.
© 2002-2013 Mark Phillips.
All rights reserved.
This writing is fiction. Please don't confuse it with reality.