November 11, 2017:

I'd like to go closer.

I remember this place from my photo in 1979. We were alone with the site, as we typically were, and we climbed into everything. Here, the Pirene fountain, a spring favored by Pegasus and described in detail by Pausanius:

On leaving the market-place along the road to Lechaeum you come to a gateway, on which are two gilded chariots, one carrying Phaethon the son of Helius, the other Helius himself. A little farther away from the gateway, on the right as you go in, is a bronze Heracles. After this is the entrance to the water of Peirene. The legend about Peirene is that she was a woman who became a spring because of her tears shed in lamentation for her son Cenchrias, who was unintentionally killed by Artemis. The spring is ornamented with white marble, and there have been made chambers like caves, out of which the water flows into an open-air well. It is pleasant to drink, and they say that the Corinthian bronze, when red-hot, is tempered by this water, since bronze the Corinthians have not. Moreover near Peirene are an image and a sacred enclosure of Apollo; in the latter is a painting of the exploit of Odysseus against the suitors. (cite)

Wisely, management has closed this corner of the site, which is in poor physical shape. People would get hurt, or, worse, cause further damage to the remains.

Still. It would have been fun to take new photos in that exact location.